Welcome/Follow

If you like what you see - share it! Follow by email or subscribe if you want to know when I've posted something new! Thanks for your support!!!

Friday, April 20, 2012

A Peek into my Daily Life

If on the highway you saw a lady biker in boots, black pants, jacket, gloves, and helmet, riding when it’s too cold for most bikers, you’d think she was tough.  But if you were to roll your windows down, and hear that she’s singing “Everybody wants to be a Cat” from the Aristocats at the top of her voice - then what would you think?   You’d have just seen me on the highway. However, if you came into where I work, having no idea what you’re looking for, and expecting me to know what it is, I’m a little different.  I recently had just such a customer who was making me nuts, and I was doing everything I could think of to help her out, to no avail.  I was really getting irritated at the time she was wasting when she said, “You’re so sweet!”.  I just smiled at her, but was thinking, “No, I’m not.  I think you suck.  I’m being paid to be nice to you.”  Is that how prostitutes feel? Days like that, when I’m extra cranky, I do google image searches for kittens.  Or kittens cuddling.  Or kittens playing.  I wonder what my boss thinks when my most frequent searches are for kittens.  Kittens just make my heart happy, rather like rumbling motorcycles do, but better. I try to take my bike to work as much as possible, even though it sounds more like a lawnmower than a motorcycle, because that open air just helps my mood.  If I’m running too late in the morning, though, I can’t take the time to put gear on.   I’m not a morning person, and have a difficult time getting out of bed and awake in the morning.  I used to have problems falling asleep in the shower and being late, but I’ve got a morning routine that minimizes that.   I usually start the morning off right by hitting the procrastinate button.  Then I have until the alarm goes off again to check email, check the weather, and, you know, snooze.  Until I got scared about amoebic brain infections, I used a neti pot each morning, too - you know, voluntarily pouring salt water up my nose, first on one side, and then the other.  The stinging is pretty good for getting the blood flowing.  Then, I used to just brush my teeth, but I’ve found that using mouthwash is key to staying awake.  I don’t use just any mouthwash, but the most potent and stinging mouthwash I could find.  The sheer awfulness of swishing for 60 seconds usually keeps me awake through the shower.   After that, I’m set to hop on the bike and sing all the way to work.  “because a cat’s the only cat who knows where it’s at!”

1 comment: