Welcome/Follow

If you like what you see - share it! Follow by email or subscribe if you want to know when I've posted something new! Thanks for your support!!!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Attracting Attention

I had a hard time writing this story out, because the best part of the story is a motion, but I’ve done my best to describe it. 

Mother and I went to the Art Institute of Chicago, and had lunch in the café.  We took our food outside, and sat next to their fountain.  Nobody was within a table of us, but there were about 30 tables, and around half of them full.  After lunch, I made a phone call to my aunt to get directions to her house.  I could hardly hear her over the splashing of 8 jets of water shooting from the orifices of the sculpted figures.  Add to that bad reception and the conversations of others, and I was struggling to get the directions.  I had a sheet of paper on my purse balanced on my lap, my phone between my ear and shoulder, one hand was holding the pen, and my other hand was plugging my other ear.  I was looking down as I was writing, and trying to verify as I wrote. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw some movement, and looked up. 
My mother was waving her hands in the air, shaking her head, and mouthing ‘bleAAHHHH’.  She paused for a moment, shutting her eyes and closing her hands into fists.  She then opened them up again, repeating, ‘bleAAHHHH’ with wild and crazy eyes.  I burst out laughing into the phone, and said, “What on earth are you doing?!?”. 

She responded in a stage whisper, “You’re talking really loudly and attracting attention!” 

I’m sorry, Mother, but I’m pretty sure anybody watching was actually looking at you.  

I may have been the one attracting attention, though, when I tried to climb the lion.

2 comments:

  1. You look like a ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me, Mother, and all I'm saying is that there are, indeed, two sides to every story. I love your story-telling skills, darlin', but not so crazy about some of the portrayals......
    Love you anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete