Welcome/Follow

If you like what you see - share it! Follow by email or subscribe if you want to know when I've posted something new! Thanks for your support!!!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Bridget, I Now Relate.


I now relate more fully with Bridget Jones.

I’ve found a wedding dress that I love, which fits great nearly everywhere.  The only issue is the rear, which, er, is rather snug and draws a lot of attention through the clingy fabric.  I rather like my rear, so when somebody recommended a cleansing weight loss solution that they love, I was not thrilled.  I don’t want to be any smaller - perhaps just smooooother, though...  

That’s when I started searching for Scary Knickers.  



Multiple friends, when I explained the seat of the problem (sorry), suggested Spanx.  I have found a few that would smooth without leaving a line where they ended, but they look mostly like this:  


I can’t imagine the reaction to seeing something like that under the dress, except I doubt it would be, “You’re soooo beautiful!!!” It would be an interesting wedding night revelation that I wear underpants from my shoulders to my shins.

Since I was defensive about the suggestion to lose weight initially, I thought I’d step on a scale and see if I was in denial.  I forgot to before my shower the other morning, so I hopped on after.  I saw the number, which was a bit higher than I’d expected, and immediately thought, “well - my hair is wet - that must add a couple of pounds, right?”  

I realized there may be something wrong with that reasoning, so I went to the closet.  I grabbed my tiniest jeans and tried them on.  I didn’t have to force the button and nothing cut in anywhere, so I was confident that I didn’t need to lose weight.  Just because I like my rear doesn’t mean I want it to be the focal point for the wedding ceremony.  

What do you do when you want to look pretty in your clothes and still pretty out of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment