Welcome/Follow

If you like what you see - share it! Follow by email or subscribe if you want to know when I've posted something new! Thanks for your support!!!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Family in my Home For the Holidays

This Christmas, I told my mother that if she wanted to see me, she’d have to come down here.  I absolutely refuse to go back to Wisconsin in the winter. 
She’s a little tight on cash (I think it’s the economy), so my sister and I agreed that we’d fly her to either Washington to visit my sister, or down here for Christmas.  After considering the weather, she chose here.  She flies in tonight, so the past week has been spent getting the house ready.

When I pick her up from the airport tonight, we’re going to swing by my bookstore, and pick up some local interest magazines for her – you know South Carolina Homes and Gardens, Southern Coast, and Guns and Gardens.  I’m joking – we’re not buying Guns and Gardens, although it genuinely is a regional magazine, so some people do.  We’re getting reading material because I’ll still be working about 55 hours in the 9 days she’ll be here.  After that, we’re going to stop by the grocery store for some food for Christmas Dinner, and then back home to put up the tree.

I resigned myself to the fact that I was just too busy to get a tree up and decorated before she arrived, so I suggested that, just like when we were younger, we’d put up the tree together.  With both of us working on it, it should take about 15 minutes.  It’s about 18 inches tall, and I left all the lights on from last year.  Hopefully it’ll be just straightening the branches, throwing on a few ornaments, and then done.  There isn’t much to put under the tree, but I don’t think it’s because I opened every one mailed to me already.  I think it’s the economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment